Nonprofit climbing advocacy group the American Alpine Club (AAC) appointed Jonathan “Nat” Matthews as its Operations Director. IN his new role at ACC Matthews will draw on his previous experience, which included leading strategic and financial operations in both the financial services and renewable energy industries. He also advised American Express and Boeing Corp. as a management consultant, according to ACC.
Denali, an outdoor specialty chain with several locations in Connecticut, is hosting the Denali Run the Gauntlet challenge at Madison’s Hammonasset Beach. The run will occur Sunday Sept. 28.
This fall, Portland Product Werks (PPW) launched its first footwear line as a licensee of the Woolrich brand. PPW signed an exclusive long-term, global licensing deal in 2013 to design, manufacture and sell Woolrich brand footwear.
American University has suspended its agreement with VF Corp.’s Jansport over its labor practices in Bangladesh. The university’s administration changed its policies in April 2014 when President Neil Kerwin issued a memo stating that within a month the school would end its partnerships with companies that did not sign the Accord for Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh.
- GU and Strava Partner to Raise Funds for Challenged Athletes
- OUTDOOR Act of 2014, STAR Fund Introduced in Congress
- San Francisco based brand opens second retail store
- GetBackpacking Program Helps Drive Sales for Great Outdoor Provision
- Outdoor Startups get Ready! Round 3 of the Telluride Accelerator Program
- High-growth retailer Gear Co-Op hires for the future